No doubt, the Wavlink products are easy to set up, including the WPS process and the web portal setup. All you will require is the Wavlink extender documentation along with a few basic technical knowledge. But, those setup approaches might be next to impossible for you if you are such a first-time user.
In that case, you will need to get familiar with the procedure before moving to the configuration process. Which involves, setting the extender, accessing the setup window, and executing the process perfectly. So, go through those points that we have mentioned here. Read out these 5 simple steps and implement them carefully.
WPS Setup For Wavlink Extender
It is the easiest and fastest setup method, that doesn't require any login and other details of the extender. You will only require to press the WPS buttons from both devices, which is why it is called the two-tap setup process. But, make sure your router is compatible with WPS.
- Before anything else, plug the extender into a power socket near the existing router.
- Check the power LED light on the extender and move to the next step later.
- Press the extender's WPS button for a few seconds and look for its LED.
- Once the extender becomes configurable, push the router's WPS button.
- Soon, the stable lights on both devices will notify you about the process completion.
- Hence, the setup process is complete now without using the wifi.wavlink.com setup portal.
Collect Other Setup Processes' Requirements
If you are unable to execute the WPS process or your router doesn't support the WPS button, then choose another process. However, before starting that process, gather some requiring things that you will require during the process.
- Your extender's basic details such as the wifi.wavlink.com login credentials.
- Also, the web and IP address of Wavlink to access the setup portal.
- The existing router must have an active internet connection with enough signals.
- Any device having access to its web browser and the official app store.
- An ethernet wire to attach the extender and device with strong connectivity.
Access The Setup Portal On The Browser
Once you are done with the things-collecting process, take the next step into account immediately. Attach your device to the extender either choosing the wireless network or using an ethernet wire. Select the wireless network from the device's networks list and insert the password and click Connect. Soon, you will see a 'Connected Successfully' message on the display.
On the contrary, take an ethernet cable and insert its ends into the extender and device's ports. Ensure the ethernet wire and ports are working well so that there will be no connection errors. Thereafter, open any web browser and search for the web or IP address of the extender. Keep in mind the spacing, capital, and numeric characters while inserting them.
Enter wifi.wavlink.com setup or 192.168.10.1 in the search bar and click enter. As a result, the wifi.wavlink.com login page will appear on the device's screen. This will prompt you to fill in the extender's username and password. Use the details that you collected before starting the process and click on the Log-In button. In this way, the extender login process will be complete within a few minutes.
Visit Setup Window On The App
In any case, if the wifi.wavlink.com login window is not accessible to you, then opt to use the app setup process. Take your networked device and go to the Google Play Store. Use the Apple App Store in case you are an iOS user. Search for the Wavlink app and choose the official one from there which must be the latest also.
Allow your device to get the app and open it after the installation. Open the app and allow it again on the app terms and conditions for the further process. Do the login process there by using the default username and password of the extender. Doing so will redirect you to the setup portal of the Wavlink extender after completing the login process.
Complete The Setup Process
After visiting the setup page, choose the extender network that you want to extend. Insert its password and click on the Extend button and utilize the screen directions to complete the setup process. Thereafter, create a new SSID name and password to make the network unique and secure. Thus, in these 5 simple steps, you will be successful in doing the wifi.wavlink.com setup.
Some Consideration Points After Setup
Equally important to making the extender ready to use, keeping it working uninterrupted is also necessary. To achieve this, apply these points to the extender that will surely help you to use the network to its fullest.
- Don't keep your extender and router too far or too close together.
- Choose the best location for the extender that is in the center of your house.
- Keep your house's electrical appliances away from the extender to avoid signal interruptions.
- Try using a different location often to place the extender and cover every WiFi spot.
- Also, change the network name and password frequently to avoid hackers on it.
- Moreover, keep clearing the networked device's web browser's cookies and caches.
- Check the wavlink extender's LED colors regularly to get to know it's working.
- Try modifying the extender's advanced settings periodically on the web management portal.
Keep The Firmware Updated
In addition to those tips, take this point as important to get the extender's flawless performance every time. That is to update the extender's firmware on time. Doing so will allow you to avoid the technical bugs in the network as well.
To do this, go to the extender's management page and see the latest updates there. Get that new file on your networked PC and save it safely. Later, reach out to the same page again and upload the file there. After this, carry out the firmware update process by following the on-screen directions.